Archive | Basic Info RSS feed for this section

Join the Movement

4 Mar

Now it’s your turn, readers! Seeing that you have gained so much knowledge from these posts regarding the ins and outs of Pinterest and how to best utilize it, it’s time to put it to use!  We know that this social media site is growing in users by the minute.  Also, their development team is always making improvements so that the users can get the most out of their experience.

It is completely free to join and takes less than a minute, all you need is an email.  So follow the link below to create your own account and become part of the Pinterest generation!

LINK:  Pinterest.com

keepcalmandpin

HAPPY PINNING!

Advertisements

Worthy of Attention

4 Mar

One of the Pinterest co-founders, Ben Silbermann, was quoted saying:

“Pinterest is a visual site, and a lot of people are visual by nature. […] But at its core, Pinterest is a site that connects people who are passionate about the same things. In the same way that people who use Facebook are excited to connect with people they care about, people on Pinterest are excited to be inspired by people with similar tastes.”

Studies have also shown that Pinterest is now responsible for a larger amound of referral traffic than Reddit, Google+, LinkedIn and Youtube.  Now those are impressive statistics!

Pinterest as a Marketing Tool

4 Mar

Why should all you marketers out there look to Pinterest as the next big arena to show off your businesses? WHY NOT!?

To begin, “from a marketing aspect, it doesn’t matter which network has the most users.. but which ones has the most users you can influence, and convert to buyers, visitors, etc.”  Pinterest is a very unique social media outlet because it gives you a very precise insight into your consumers wants.  Since the whole site is fueled by consumers pinning and repinning the products that they love, it gives your business a hands on market research tool that can be used to better satisfy their customers.

Best of all, your consumers can pin images straight from your company’s website which creates much more web traffic for your business’ web site and also exposes your products to many a much broader range of consumers. Lastly, when consumers see that their peers approve of certain products, it may make them more trusting of your brand in a way that your company wouldn’t be able to appeal to them otherwise.

marketing

The Growth of Pinterest

4 Mar

According to Nielsen’s 2012 Social Media Report, Pinterest is here to stay. It was quoted saying that “the big three sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) are about to become the big four […] Pinterest showed the most growth year-over-year for social desktop usage, social web usage and social app usage.”

Social-Sites-Nielsen

As the graph shows, Pinterest has experienced a +1,047% increase in users in 2012 alone.  The next closest competitor was Google+ with an +80% increase, which is not even close to the vast numbers Pinterest is experiencing.  This graph supports what many professional social media analysts are saying in that, with experiencing this much rapid growth, Pinterest is a website that is here to stay.

Stay tuned for my next post!

The Pinning Generation

4 Mar

Pinterest is still a fairly young company but last year alone, 2012, Pinterest grew from 9 million to 40 million users.

While the user demographics are going to vary slightly depending on geographic location, it seems that no matter where you look, females are going to make up about 80% of users.

demographics

Also, the two largest age brackets of Pinterest users are 35-49 year olds and 25-34 year olds.  Additionally, over 75% of all Pinterest users are white, with Hispanics making up most of the remaining 25%. Here is a comparison of the main intrests between users in the United States versus the United Kingdom.

uk-vs-us-pinterest-user-interests

Keep an eye out for my next post about the growth of Pinterest as its own brand!

All About Pinterest

4 Mar

As put best by the Pinterest team themselves, “Pinterest is a tool for collecting and organizing things you love.”  

pinterest_logo

Pinterest is a fast growing, photo-sharing social media site that allows users to build and maintain theme-based pinboards.  It allows users to browse other users photo boards and gain inspiration.  The site development began out of San Francisco, CA in 2009 by Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp. It is managed by Cold Brew Labs and funded by a small group of entrepreneurs and inventors.  The site was launched in March 2010 in a closed beta arena and began as an invite-only site.  It is now a site open to everyone!

Stay tuned for my next post about the basics of Pinterest.